- Region Zug
- Type of contract Temporary full time
- Sector of activity Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology / Chemical
As a preferred supplier for Roche Diagnostics Int Ltd in Rotkreuz, we are looking for an individual as
Sensor Development Engineer
(contract for one year, with possible extension). The earliest start date is within 3 months.
Description of the mission
- Address product care topics arising in our in-house Sensor Production such as production issues (deviations, root cause & risk analysis) and product care topics (customer complaint investigations, material and design changes).
- Implement changes based on fundamental principles, experimental data and simulation models and help bring those changes into new and existing products
- Plan, execute, evaluate results and document your work independently within the framework of development, product care and operations support
- Test and analyze the sensor design in the lab with various characterization methods (e.g. SEM, IR, HPLC, electrochemical analysis methods, etc.), work independently in a multidisciplinary team by planning the projects / work packages, conducting investigations and generating the required data and documentation.
- Take responsibility for equipment and develop new tools, methods and processes to evaluate our sensors.
- Support the team with your scientific expertise and practical knowledge to understand and solve various technical questions that arise in development and in production of our complex electrochemical sensors and electrodes.
- Interact across the business with quality, operation, V&V and business to support and coordinate design and material changes
- Depending on project needs and product care situation: Support sensor development activities in new development projects
- Higher technical education (bachelor or master from FH/University/ETH) in chemistry / physics / material science / (electrical) engineering
- Understanding of materials (metals, polymers, and other chemicals) and their interactions with sensors and biological samples
- Interested and dedicated to study, test and improve electrochemical/optical (bio)sensors and learn to understand their behaviour and their associated material properties
- First experience in different electrochemical methods (potentiometry, impedance spectroscopy, etc) is of advantage as well as broader physical and chemical analysis and are motivated to use and improve these skills in the laboratory
- First experience to work in a highly regulated environment.
- First experience in working in and contributing to multidisciplinary development from very varied fields with diverse backgrounds
- First experience with the development of new characterization methods and implement them in test methods, setups or tools and are able to acquire, process and analyse data with appropriate tools (Matlab, Excel, MiniTab, R, Python)
- Ability to document the results at a high technical level: actively report data, results, ideas and achievements
- Open, flexible, team-oriented and take ownership.
- First working experience in producing industry is of advantage
- Fluent in English, German is of advantage.
Interested? You can find more information here: Infopackage. Please apply via the "Bewerben" button below and answer all questions, otherwise we will be unable to process your application.
- Reference INT-027286
- Published on 14 mars 2022
- ConsultantMarijke van Engelenburg