- Region Zurich Unterland / Limmattal
- Type of contract Permanent full time
- Sector of activity IT / telecommunications
For our client World leader in Carbon Dioxide Air Capture technology located in Zurich, we are looking for an individual as
R&D Environmental Impact and Life Cycle Analyst
(permanent employment, 100%) The earliest start date is as soon as possible.
Description of the mission
- You further develop and maintain our Azure Data Infrastructure, ensuring the efficient and scalable ingestion and management of our IoT and Business Data
- You perform Data Modelling, set-up, further develop and maintain various Data Bases and their data pipelines (IoT, Business)
- You work with different business units across Climeworks to provide data solutions and enable various data/analytics use cases
- Your mission at Climeworks is to ensure that the life cycle assessment and potential environmental impacts of Climeworks' new technologies and products are understood early, quantified and appropriately mitigated for the large scale deployment of the company's systems.
- You are the point of contact for all environmental and life cycle topics related to Climeworks' technology. You run simple lifecycle assessments and/or liaise with external partners to do so when required.
- Alongside the policy and regulatory teams, you develop internal long term quantified targets for relevant environmental criteria for DAC at large scale, and help the technical team ensure that new technologies can meet these.
- You identify and flag potential environmental issues related to new technology and product ideas; You drive the development team to develop test methods which provide you the appropriate data for your assessments.
- You develop and set up internal methodologies and standards for EIA and LCA, enabling simple, effective communication and decision making.
- You hold a degree in environmental science, scientific or engineering discipline or suitable combination of education and relevant industry experience.
- You have a thorough understanding of sustainability, climate change and environmental topics.
- For at least 3 years, you've been sharpening your lifecycle and environmental analysis skills in a consulting, industry and/or academic context, performing, managing, interpreting and communicating on results and sustainability topics. Your deep expertise combines conceptual and practical knowledge.
- You have a science- and metrics-based mindset, a deep curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to internal and external audiences.
- You're a team player who works quickly, independently and on schedule.
- You are motivated to join a world-leading technology development company and tackling great challenges that require out of the box thinking.
- On top of that you are fluent in English? Then we are keen to get to know you.
Interested? You can find more information here: Infopackage. Please apply via the "Bewerben" button below and answer all questions, otherwise we will be unable to process your application.
- Reference INT-030760
- Published on 20 juin 2022
- ConsultantMarijke van Engelenburg